Home » Abogado Payo » Family Law

Anonymous   This person has chosen to hide his/her identity..

Refuse to sign travel consent

Hi Atty. I have a 5 years old illigetimate son. His father acknowledge him and signed at the back of his birth certificate. My son didnt get any child support from him po since 2012. We dont even know his whereabouts. Now, my son and I will be going to the US for a visit. So, I searched his father to let him sign the travel consent. Luckily I found him on facebook and his now working abroad but not legally I mean his TNT. I humbly asked him to sign the travel consent but he refuse. He dont have any valid reason basta ayaw lang niyang pumirma, thats it!! Atty. Ano po kaylangan gawin para po maka travel ang anak ko with me? Is it possible to have a court order allowing my son to travel? Please help po. Thank you

21, Dec 2016, 11:35 PM (PH time) · · Report abuse


Ang mga naka-lathala dito sa website na ito ay pawang pagpapalaganap lamang ng impormasyong legal at hindi kailanman dapat na ituring na payong legal. Nais lamang ng website na ito na malaman ninyo ang nilalaman ng batas na maaaring maka-apekto sa inyong buhay at hanapbuhay.

Ang pagbabasa ng mga post at articles sa website na ito or sa mga posts ng abogado sa website na ito ay hindi nangangahulugang kayo ay may ugnayang lawyer-client na. Hindi kayo kliyente ng abogado dito ay hindi ninyo abogado ang nag-post ng opinion.

Masdan na laging isinasaad sa mga post na kayo ay dapat kumuha ng inyong sariing abogado sapagkat hindi pumapayag ang mga abogado sa website na ito na kayo’y maging kliyente niya.

The materials available in the Buhay OFW web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Buhay OFW and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

If you are a legal expert who would like to help, please register here.

Reply as anonymous (Your real name and picture will not be seen)
Atty. Bimbi is a Legal expert currently in the Philippines.
Iyong requirement kasi ng consent ng father ay para ma-prevent ang human trafficking at kidnapping ng mga bata para mailayo sa kanilang mga biological parents.

Ngayon, ang problema mo, acknowledged ng ama ang bata, taglay ng bata ang last name ng ama. Hindi siya sumusuporta sa anak niya pero ayaw niyang pirmahan ang consent for travel ng bata.

Dapat kasi, voluntary ang pag pirma, hindi coerced. So, kung sasabihin mo sa kanyang idedemanda mo siya ng criminal case for economic abuse kung hindi siya pipirma (dahil sa hindi siya nagpapadala ng suporta sa anak niya since 2012), you might be able to get him to sign.

That may be the only way out. You can also go to court and ask the court to have his parental authority terminated. Kasi, siya naman ang hindi nakikipag-usap man lang sa bata at hindi nagpapadala ng support -- he is not interested in having a relationship with his son and he has not engaged in any decision making about his son's life, so his parental authority should be terminated.

Other than this, I don't know how you can get around the requirement. You will have to consult a lawyer. You need also to speak with the DSWD. sila din kasi ang gagawa ng home visit at recommendation. So, if you go to court, sila din ang uutusan ng husgado para usisain ang kalagayan ng bata. I suggest you speak with a lawyer about this.
2016-12-27 20:26:45 · · Reply · Report abuse
Reply as anonymous (Your real name and picture will not be seen)
Find friends

Send Money Home

Recent posts
< Newest posts Older posts >

© 2013 Buhay OFW. All rights reserved. Copyright notice.
Terms and conditions, features, support and service options subject to change without notice.