This person has chosen to hide his/her identity.

I would like to seek advice po sana about a land ownership issue. Nakatira po kasi kami sa lupa na pamana samin ng tatay namin. Pero ang lupa na eto po was given by the land owner to my dad who is then a tenant. But there was no transfer of titles po nangyari. Until now wala po kami hawak na title though we pay for some government tax po for this land. Since we wanted to process the title of this land we talked to the owner and presented some documents regarding the land transfer and application of title. But they owner refuse to sign any documents. Would like to know po what should we do now. We are living here about more than 60 years. Thank You so much. Ms Joana


Reply as anonymous (Your real name and picture will not be seen)
Jescelyn Del Rosario
is a Legal expert in the Philippines
Well, you can apply for title if unregistered land pa yan and you are living there more than 60 years in the concept of an owner (namana ninyo ang lupang ito), public, peaceful, uninterrupted and adverse. Ayon sa ating batas under Civil Code may tinatawag tayong. Acquisitive prescription kung saan you can acquire ownership and other real rights after the lapse of time. May dalawang uri po ito: Ordinary Acquisitive Prescription which requires 10 years of possession in good faith and with just title. Extraordinary Acquisitive Prescription which requires 30 years or more without the need of title or of good faith or any other condition. You can avail of this law but you need the services of a lawyer para tulungang kang maestablish ang mga kinakailangang dokumento.
Albert Aragon
is a Computer in Saudi Arabia
Maam, pa advise naman po.. yung nabili po namin na lupa ya naka sangla ang mother title. may deed of sale kami, kaso di po nakalagay ang lot number, ano po ba dapat namin? valid po ba ito as evidence kung sakali yung mother title ay maremata ng bangko?

Looking forward for your kind reply.
is in the Philippines
meron po ako nabiling lupa sa uncle na 1hec na niyugan noong nasa abroad po ako.. nakipaghiwalay po ako sa asawa ko dahil hindi po kami magkasundo kaya po ako nagabroad.. nagkaroon po kami pareho ng bagong kinakasama.. nagkaroon po ako ng anak sa kinakasama ko dahil nong nagsasama po kami d kami nagka anak.. gang sa bago po nyang kinakasama wala din po silang anak. Ginawa po nyang dahilan ung pagkakaroon ko ng anak sa iba na kapag dko binigay sa kanya ung lupa ay idedemanda nya ako ng adultery kaya po napilitan akong pumirma na pinalabas po nila na benebenta ko sa kanila ng 15k ung lupa na binili ko noong nasa abroad po ako.. ipinangalan po nya ung lupa sa kinakasama nya. pwd ko pa po bang habulin un? para po kasing unfair saken dahil ni singko po wala syang share doon.. gusto ko lang po malaman ang karapatan ko .. kasal po kami ..nabili ko po ung ng 30k sa uncle ko noong 1988 o 1989 po..

About the author

Jescelyn Del Rosario

Legal Services and Litigation works Philippine/Foreign Paralegal Works Graduated AB Political Science and Bachelor of Laws at University of San Jose Recoletos-Cebu Completed Lawyers Trial Academy Training sponsored by IBP Cebu Chapter AIT-DOST Scholar at Cebu Institute of Technology
Profession: Lawyer
MJ Del Rosario Law Office and and Associates
Office Address: Block 19, lot 26-27, Deca Homes, Talisay
Philippines , Talisay , Cebu

Disclaimer: The materials available in the Buhay OFW web site are for informational purposes and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Buhay OFW and the user or browser.

If you are a legal expert who would like to help answer questions, please register here.