Married twice-pinakasal ng 2 beses, divorce in Japan, live in partner

This person has chosen to hide his/her identity.

Help po ano po ba ang dapat kong gawin. Hindi ko po alam na nakasal na po pala ako dati sa ka live in ko. Tapos nakasal narin po ako sa hapon sa pinas din po kami nag pakasal. Yong ex husband ko po ang nag ayos ng kasal namin sa pilipinas. Nag hiwalay narin po kami ng ex husband ko na hapon. 3 yrs na divorce na po kami sa Japan. May boyfriend po ako ngayon gusto ko po siyang pakasalan. Ngayon ko lang po nalaman na twice na po akong kasal. Ano po ang dapat kong gawin? Atty. tulongan nyo po ako. Magkano po ba ang magagastos kung ipapa ayos ko po yong dapat ayosin? Please help po.

Question: Please help, I don't know what to do. I didn't know that I was already married before to my live in partner. And then I also got married to a Japanese, and we were also married in the Philippines. My ex-husband took care of our marriage. My Japanese husband and I have already separated too. We have been divorced 3 years ago in Japan. I have a boyfriend now and I want to get married to him. But I only found out now that I was married twice. What should I do now? How much would it cost for me to clear and take care of everything?

Reply as anonymous (Your real name and picture will not be seen)
Adelaimar C Arias-Jose
is a Legal expert in the Philippines
Naku, hindi ko masisiguro sa iyo ang tiyak na amount ng iyong magagastos. Dalawa kasi ang issue mo. Mayroon kang kasal na hindi mo naman alam na kasal ka -- hindi ko maubos na maisip kung paano nangyari ito, but I will take your word for it. Kung hindi kayo nagsama nitong taong pinakasalan mo noong una, well, you can always have the marriage annulled.

Yung sa Japanese, kailangang kumuha ka ng certified true copy noong divorce decree ninyo mula sa Japan at ipa-rehistro mo ang divorce na ito sa NSO -- ingat ka nga lang, dahil sa kahit na mai-pa-rehistro mo ang divorce mo mula sa Hapon, hindi pa rin madi-dissolve nito ang marriage ninyo as far as you are concerned.

It is best to talk to a lawyer personally. Maghanap ka ng abogadong mapagkakatiwalaan mo. Ilahad mo ang buo mong kuwento at nang ikaw ay mapayuhan ng maayos. Kasi, kailangan alam ng abogado ang LAHAT ng pangyayari bago magbigay ng opinion.

About the author

Adelaimar C Arias-Jose

I am a graduate of the UP College of Law. Member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines since 1995. I am currently involved in private practice in criminal, civil and labor law.
Profession: Lawyer
Adelaimar C. Arias-Jose
Office Address: #34 St. Michael Street
Philippines , Manila , Makati
The medical information contained in this section is not intended for treatment or prescription. It is used to complement, not replace, the communication between a patient and their physician. Reliance on any information provided by BuhayOFW or any medical experts is solely at your own risk. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or go to the hospital immediately. BuhayOFW's Medical Review Board is a team of board-certified doctors who ensure our content is medically accurate and reflects the latest in health information. Our experienced board of medical professionals verify that our content is thorough and all-inclusive, in order that you can trust the information you read here will help you through improvements in your health journey—whether that’s for yourself or for a loved one.

Disclaimer: The materials available in the Buhay OFW web site are for informational purposes and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Buhay OFW and the user or browser.

If you are a legal expert who would like to help answer questions, please register here.