CARP, change rights name of land to tenant, Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program, RA 6657

This person has chosen to hide his/her identity.

Meron po ako kaibigan na may problema sa lupa nila, sinasaka for more than 40 years na. Ang tax declaration was paid by the other person na patay na for long time ago. Tenant po siya ng lupa sinasaka for 40 years na. Under daw po ng CARP ung lupa. Posible po ba na mapatitulohan ang lupa na sinasaka nila? Posible po ba na mapalipat sa pangalan nila ung rights sa lupa?

Translation: I have a friend who has a problem with their land, which they have been tilling for more than 40 years now. The tax declaration of this piece of land was paid by another person, who has been deceased/passed away long time ago. He/she has been a tenant of this land, which he/she has been tilling, for 40 years now. From what I know, the land is under CARP (Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program). Is it possible to have the rights of the land changed to the name of the tenant?

Reply as anonymous (Your real name and picture will not be seen)
Adelaimar C Arias-Jose
is a Legal expert in the Philippines
If a piece of land is under the CARP, then your friend's father has the right to register himself as tenant of that piece of land. Only if he registers his claim can he be awarded the land.

You must see an agrarian lawyer -- one who specializes in agrarian reform law. You may also ask for advice from the DAR (the Department of AGriculture). Malamang sa kung nasa ilalim na iyan ng CARP, at hindi naka-rehistro ng claim ang tatay ng friend mo, may iba nang nagpa-register -- check and verify with the DAR.

About the author

Adelaimar C Arias-Jose

I am a graduate of the UP College of Law. Member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines since 1995. I am currently involved in private practice in criminal, civil and labor law.
Profession: Lawyer
Adelaimar C. Arias-Jose
Office Address: #34 St. Michael Street
Philippines , Manila , Makati
The medical information contained in this section is not intended for treatment or prescription. It is used to complement, not replace, the communication between a patient and their physician. Reliance on any information provided by BuhayOFW or any medical experts is solely at your own risk. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or go to the hospital immediately. BuhayOFW's Medical Review Board is a team of board-certified doctors who ensure our content is medically accurate and reflects the latest in health information. Our experienced board of medical professionals verify that our content is thorough and all-inclusive, in order that you can trust the information you read here will help you through improvements in your health journey—whether that’s for yourself or for a loved one.

Disclaimer: The materials available in the Buhay OFW web site are for informational purposes and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Buhay OFW and the user or browser.

If you are a legal expert who would like to help answer questions, please register here.