Maari po ba ikasal ang lalaki kahit mali ang nasa gender niya nakadeclare po ay Female instead of Male?

Janis Aquarius
is a Domestic Helper in Hong Kong

Wrong Gender
May bf po ako at balak na namin  na magpakasal sa darating na taon. Tanung ko lang po ano po pwede namin gawin para maikasal kami kahit may mali doon sa gender na instead of Male nakadeclare po na Female doon sa birth certificate niya, pwede po ba siya maikasal na kahit hindi pa maaayos yung gender niya?Salamat po sa sagot. Mabuhay po kayo


Reply as anonymous (Your real name and picture will not be seen)
Jescelyn Del Rosario
is a Legal expert in the Philippines
Hindi po pwedeng makasal kayo unless mapaayos ang gender sa certificate of live birth niya. Hindi kasi pwedeng ikasal sa ating batas ang puro babae. Actually sa Civil Registrar lang naman ito iprocess where your boyfriend was registered. May mga requirements po na dapat i comply yan at dapat personal appearance ng petitioner or ng boyfriend para sa pagpaprocess nito.

About the author

Jescelyn Del Rosario

Legal Services and Litigation works Philippine/Foreign Paralegal Works Graduated AB Political Science and Bachelor of Laws at University of San Jose Recoletos-Cebu Completed Lawyers Trial Academy Training sponsored by IBP Cebu Chapter AIT-DOST Scholar at Cebu Institute of Technology
Profession: Lawyer
MJ Del Rosario Law Office and and Associates
Office Address: Block 19, lot 26-27, Deca Homes, Talisay
Philippines , Talisay , Cebu

Disclaimer: The materials available in the Buhay OFW web site are for informational purposes and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Buhay OFW and the user or browser.

If you are a legal expert who would like to help answer questions, please register here.